LIMITED SPECIAL 5/31/22
Kirkman® proprietary blend to support the immune system. Hypoallergenic. Gluten and casein free. Capsules are plant based. Ultra Tested®.
Kirkman's proprietary Immuno-Aid™ Advanced Formula provides powerful support for the immune system. This "advanced" formula contains elderberry, a strong immune system supporter.
Kirkman's Immuno-Aid Advanced Formula is a hypoallergenic formulation of some of the most effective nutrients known to support the immune system. Included in this powerful blend are:
- Vitamin A: An essential micronutrient that plays a central role in immune function. In a review of literature, Scrimshaw et al (1968), the researchers concluded the lack of vitamin A was observed in illnesses more than any other nutrient.
- Vitamin C: A powerful antioxidant that helps protect certain white blood cells from toxic compounds they produce in their fight against germs. Phagocytes and t-cells need vitamin C to perform their tasks in the immune system.
- Vitamin E: A fat-soluble nutrient that acts as an antioxidant to help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. The body needs vitamin E to boost its immune system so that it can fight off unwanted invaders that cause illness.
- Zinc: A micronutrient that is important for the maintenance and development of immune cells in both the innate and adaptive immune systems. Zinc is essential for normal development of neutrophils and natural killer cells; phagocytosis, intracellular killing and cytokines production; the growth and function of T and B cells; DNA synthesis and RNA transcription; cell division and cell activation. The lack of zinc adversely affects the secretion and functions of cytokines, the basic messengers of the immune system. Zinc also functions as an antioxidant to maintain membranes.
- Selenium: A mineral with antioxidant activity, which is crucial for health and proper functioning of the immune system. Selenium has antioxidant activity that helps lower oxidative stress in the body, which enhances immunity. The lack of selenium can also negatively impact immune cells and may lead to slower immune response. Selenium is used regularly to boost the immune system of those with chronic illnesses.
- Beta Glucans: Sugars that are found in the cell walls of bacteria, fungi, yeasts, algae, lichens, and plants, such as oats and barley. Beta Glucans are powerful immunomodulatory agents, which trigger multiple events that help regulate the immune system and make it more efficient. Beta glucans stimulate the activity of macrophages, which can attack problematic invaders in the body such as bad bacteria and stimulate other immune cells to attack. Macrophages also release cytokines, chemicals that when secreted enable the immune cells to communicate with one another. Beta glucan is not produced by the body so it must be acquired in food or dietary supplements.
- Astragalus: Used in Chinese medicine for centuries to boost the immune system. Astragalus is an herb that comes from a legume. It is known to have antioxidant activity that inhibits free radical production.
- Elderberry Extract: From the elderberry fruit, which has been used since ancient civilization to enhance the immune system. Elderberries are an excellent natural immune system booster. The berries contain chemical compounds called anthocyanidins, which are known to have immunostimulant effects.
Other Ingredients: Vegetarian capsule (plant cellulose and water), Magnesium Stearate (plant based)
Warnings: DO NOT USE IN PREGNANCY OR WHILE LACTATING.
STORE IN A COOL, DRY PLACE AND TIGHTLY CAPPED.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
FREE OF: Milk, Eggs, Fish, Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat or Soy