Super Nu-Thera® (SNT) is Kirkman’s proprietary and most popular multi-vitamin specially formulated for individuals who have certain dietary sensitivities or requirements. It offers high vitamin B-6 and magnesium content. This SNT version comes with pyridoxal 5-phosphate (P-5-P) (a form of vitamin B-6) in easy to swallow caplets. Free of common allergens. Gluten and casein free. Ultra Tested®.
Super Nu-Thera® has been Kirkman’s most popular dietary supplement since its inception in 1967. The original Super Nu-Thera® was formulated by Kirkman® at the urgent request of a researcher, Dr. Bernard Rimland, who wanted a nutritional supplement with high vitamin B-6 and magnesium content that tasted good so children would take the product. The original form of Super Nu-Thera® was an orange flavored powdered supplement. This classic is still available as our Super Nu-Thera® Powder(#470-454) .
What is unique about Super Nu-Thera?
Super Nu-Thera is a multiple vitamin/mineral supplement featuring vitamin B-6 and magnesium. Super Nu-Thera® also contains the rest of the B vitamins, vitamin C, the oil soluble vitamins E, A and D (in many formulations), as well as the minerals zinc, manganese and selenium. Some forms of Super Nu-Thera also may include calcium, depending on whether that product’s particular formulation can incorporate the large volume of calcium required. Forms of Super Nu-Thera not containing calcium may require individuals to use a calcium supplement if their diet is not supplying the “Daily Recommended Value” of this important nutrient.
What other forms of Super-Thera have evolved since the original?
The Super Nu-Thera line of multi-vitamins became so popular that it now includes many varieties in capsule, powder, liquid and caplet forms.
Why might I choose a hypoallergenic formulation of Super Nu-Thera?
Kirkman® offers hypoallergenic formulations that are specially designed for individuals with special dietary requirements and sensitivities. These formulations are free of fillers, sweeteners, flavorings, colorings, preservatives or common allergens.
Why might I choose a formulation without vitamins A and D?
Many individuals obtain supplementation of vitamins A and/or D from cod liver oil or other sources. For those individuals, Kirkman® offers Super Nu-Thera® without vitamins A and D.
Why might I choose a formulation that contains pyridoxal 5-phosphate (P-5-P)?
P-5-P is an alternative form of vitamin B-6 that some individuals utilize more completely than vitamin B-6. P-5-P is the metabolically active coenzyme of pyridoxine and is an essential cofactor in many enzymatic reactions in amino acid metabolism.
What are some of the ingredients included in Super Nu-Thera?
Common ingredients in Super Nu-Thera include:
- vitamin B-6 for enzyme and nervous system support plus vitamin B-6 supplementation;
- magnesium to supplement magnesium and support vitamin B-6 suplementation;
- vitamin A to support good vision, healthy skin and immune system support;
- vitamin D to enhance mineral absorption and support the immune system;
- vitamin E to add antioxidant activity;
- vitamins B-1, B-2 and niacinamide for proper growth and good health;
- pantothenic acid to support metabolic functions;
- vitamin B-12 to support biochemical pathways;
- folinic acid to support kreb cycle body functions and biochemical pathways;
- biotin to support healthy skin and hair and to enhance cell growth;
- vitamin C to support a healthy immune system response and to add antioxidant activity;
- manganese to support a healthy nervous system;
- selenium to protect the immune system and help rid the body of free radicals;
- zinc to support a healthy immune system and promote tissue health;
- pyridoxal 5-phosphate (P-5-P) to provide the active form of vitamin B-6 for individuals who require the active form for better assimilation;
- iodine to support healthy thyroid function.
FREE OF: Milk, Eggs, Fish, Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat or Soy
I’ve been giving this to my two autistic children for years, they are pretty healthy. The only thing I don’t like is sometimes I can’t get the same formula without the calcium. I have had both so I know Kirkman makes them both.
Have been using for years
I would give a five star rating as I’ve had my children using this for years on a daily routine and they have had good health. I dropped a star because of the way it is now labeled and formulated. The label keeps changing, now it includes extra calcium. Kirkman didn’t leave the old product (tablet or capsule form) so we could still purchase it. I ordered and returned because I thought I was getting the wrong product, my children didn’t need added calcium and then I was told the formulation and label had changed. Shame on Kirkman for not still supplying the old formulation and not clarifying the change. To top it off the price continues to rise each time I purchase.