Kirkman® Detox-Aid Advanced Formula provides that “boost” to help the body detoxify properly.
This proprietary formulation is a rich blend of ingredients that aid the body’s natural detoxification process. Environmental contamination is everywhere.
Kirkman’s "advanced" formulation is a proprietary blend of ingredients that aid the body’s natural detoxification process. This updated version contains alpha ketoglutaric acid as a replacement for n-acetyl cysteine (NAC), which may have side effects in a subset of individuals.
How Does Detox-Aid Advanced Formula Work?
- As toxins become active in the body, glucuronic acid combines with the toxins to form a non-toxic molecule called a glucuronide that can be excreted into bile, thereby eliminating the toxin. An enzyme called beta-glucuronidase present in the body, largely as a by product of intestinal flora, can disassemble that non-toxic molecule, which frees up the activated toxin again. Calcium D-Glucarate acts to prevent that disassembly process of the glucuronide by becoming D-glucaro-1,4-lactone, the direct inhibitor of the beta-glucuronidase. Without this inhibition process, the cleaving of the glucuronide would lead to the toxin being reabsorbed by the intestinal mucosa.
- Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant that increases the formation of the detoxifying glucuronides. Turmeric’s antioxidant properties also aid glutathione in doing its job.
- Reduced L-Glutathione is required by body cells in order to detoxify.
- Alpha ketoglutaric acid is present because it has to ability to bind with toxins in the body and helps escort them out of cell through the excretory processes.
- Taurine is an essential component of bile formation. Bile flow into the intestinal tract is a major detoxification route in the body, along with sweat, urine, breath, hair and nails.
- Milk Thistle contains silymarin, which is a very powerful antioxidant that prevents free radical damage to cells. It also reduces liver toxicity by blocking cell binding sites of toxins, thereby slowing or stopping the cellular uptake of those toxins. In human and animal studies, silymarin is protective against the toxic effects of alcohol, carbon tetrachloride, mushrooms, and many other chemicals and pesticides.
- Olive Leaf Extract is present in Detox-Aid Advanced Formula to limit or eliminate the growth of undesirable intestinal flora, harmful bacteria, fungi and yeasts, which tend to thrive in the presence of sulfur compounds such as glutathione, and n-acetyl cysteine.
- Selenium is present due to the fact that it is an antagonist to ingested metals including lead, mercury, aluminum and cadmium.